If you are just wanting a service on the running gear for your caravan to ensure it is safe and legal to tow then this is what you will get. or if your caravan has been stationary for any period of time and you feel you need the cobwebs blowing away
to ensure all moving parts are working correctly then this is the service for you.
Please note, this checks the caravan is safe to tow with regards to tyres, brakes, stabaliser and running lights. A full Caravan
Service or a Caravan Habitation service may be what you require.
The following checks are carried out during the running gear service for both
single and twin axals caravans:-
- Check condition of 12N, 12S, 13pin plugs and cables
operation of road lights and reflectors
Chassis & Running Gear
operation of corner steadies and lubricate
- Check handbrake, lubricate mechanism
- Check coupling head, gaiter and lubricate
- Check overrun operation, lubricate
- Jockey wheel operation and fastening, lubicate
- Stabaliser pads, clean and check
- Breakaway cable, check correct type and condition
- Tyres checked and recorded for age, pressure,
wear, damage (recomended tyre changes every 5 years)
- Brakes. hubs removed, bearings checked, shoes checked for damage, brakes
ajusted, new one shot hub nuts fitted.
- Wheels torqued to manufacture setting. You wll be asked to witness
a final torque check on handover of the van
Please inform us if you have any pre-existing faults or conditions before booking so we can discuss the issue and try to resolve the fault at the time of the appointment.
This is to save any potential disapointment in having to make an additional booking.